Friday, November 9, 2012

The Living Room

Next up in the house tour is the family room.
When I got here, this room was looking...bare. I guess that would be the nice word for it. Since Kenny was living by himself, he had all he needed. A couch, a TV, and a TV tray which holds his laptop and acts as a table when he wants to eat in front of the TV. I mean, what else do you need in life? Here are the before pictures.

The to do list for the living room looked like this:
Living Room
- get a recliner or love seat
- bookshelves for dvds
- Curtains
- Shelves for above couch/picture frames

First order of business, the love seat/recliner debate. Kenny was thinking he may want a recliner to add to "manliness." Upon further discussion, aka me listing reasons for a love seat, we went with a love seat. Because he already has a recliner (the sofa reclines), a love seat provides more room for more people to sit, and would look better in the space we needed. With that solved, we went over to Rooms to Go where we found a loveseat and coffee table. The coffee table was an almost perfect match for the TV stand we had, so it wasn't a hard sell.

Next up were the bookshelves for our dvd collection. Little known fact, I love movies. Kenny also has a collection of all the "guy" movies you would want to watch. But I have all the romantic comedies, Disney princesses and super hero movies you could ever want. So we needed enough space for all of the ones we have, plus room for our collection to grow. We (I) found some that we liked at Target, and added them to our massive furniture order we made. With a coupon + sale, they ended up only being $60 a bookshelf, which wasn't bad. And they matched the TV stand also, so win/win.
Curtains were purchased at Target (shocking, I know).

The shelves for above the couch are from Ikea. The nearest Ikea is in Orlando, which is 2 hours from here. I needed picture frames for my picture wall going up the stairs. So I talked my husband into making the 2 hour drive for them. We also made a massive return to Macy's (it's the closest one to us), went to Golf Galaxy and Chipotle. So it wasn't that bad of a day for him. I also got picture frames to go on the shelves at Ikea. We have a picture of his side of the family, my side of the family, all his groomsmen (who happen to be his BFF's/brothers) and then the picture from our photobooth with all my bridesmaids + Pop. We also have a picture of Glory (Kenny's dog, and the love of his life) since she couldn't make it to our wedding. I also got a Celtic cross made from Peet when we were in Ireland.

Our coffee table holds a bowl with all of the remotes/controllers, as well as our photobooth guestbook and all the photobooks I've made from previous years. I'm still working on our wedding photobook as well as the 2012 one, but those will be on the coffee table as soon as they're finished.

So the to do list is complete. And here are the after pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment