Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm in the closet...

organzing, that is. See what I did there?

So, my parents always got on my case about how there was stuff ALL over my room - always. But now that I have sufficient storage space, everything has a place and our room is neat & tidy. So, I blame this on not having sufficient storage space Mom & Dad. Not MY fault!

But seriously - I have a huge dresser + a night stand + a huge walk in closet. My husband isn't working his way to a GQ award for best dressed, so his closet space needed is minimum. Which, is definitely a good thing, since apparently I'm border line hoarder status when it comes to shoes + handbags. Sorry, I'm not sorry. Shoes + purses fit no matter how fat or skinny you are (my weight flucuations are for another *very long* post).

Anyways, here are the "before" pictures. These were taken right after I got down to Jacksonville. I only had a few of my possessions while we were waiting for the POD, so these are representative of how Kenny had the closet. And yes, he does hang his t-shirts.
My solution for everything? Shower curtain rings. We have one of those white/plastic Closetmaid systems. So I just put the shower curtain rings around the bars and then put what I want on the shower curtain ring.
Putting my purses on them was life changing. I can actually see all the purses/wristlets that I have and they don't get smashed.
My belts/scarves
My purses

My hats were a little bit tricky. They don't exactly hang from a shower curtain ring the way the purses/scarves/belts do. So I used small curtain clips, put those on the ring and then clamped my hats. And voila!
Hats

On to my hoarding problem...my shoes.
Even though I got two extra long shoe racks that hold 3 shelves of shoes each - there still wasn't enough room. Oopsies. So while searching through pinterest I found this (here). Basically you can hang your flip flops. I have enough hanging room so I said 'yes please' and went ahead and made these. I didn't make them pretty cause I was going for function first.
Flip Flops hung up
And the "After" picture.

 See Mom? A place for everything and everything in it's place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment