Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Proud to be An American

You have that song stuck in your head now, don't you? I don't know about you, but every time I hear that song, I get the goosebumps.

Today is the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I don't think words can express how excited I am for this.

I love the Olympics. I love watching the best of the best compete in their sports. I love that for 2 or so weeks the world puts the BS on hold to celebrate their best. Wouldn't the world be a better place if the Olympics happened more then every 4 years? If we could forget that the terrorists are trying to blow us up, Iran has nuclear weapons that could destroy us all, North Korea is still being run by a crazy dude (albeit less crazy than his father), China lets the communism live on, and America is still in hard economic times? For 2 .5 weeks, representatives from all these countries come together, play nice, play fair and represent their country with pride. The world should try to live up to Olympic standards every day.

Let's Go Team USA!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am so excited. I've been watching the Today show all week and it's amazing. They've been doing all the interviews with the athletes and touring the venues. Troy and I watching the USA swim team "call me maybe" music video this morning. Even though they are very short, lets talk about the mens gymnastics team. SO adorable. Look up a picture. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete