Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shake, Shake, Shake

Shake, Shake, shake. Shake your booty.

*Disclaimer: if you don't like looking at a LOT of pictures, turn away now. Cause whew boy, this is picture heavy*

Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE to dance. I will break it down in the middle of a grocery store if a good song is on. (You should also know that I don't embarrass easily - so doing said dance in said store, not embarrassing for me.)

My whole goal of the reception was for everyone to have fun. If dancing isn't your thing (which, it is definitely NOT my husband's thing) then there was the photobooth, an open bar, and plenty of drunk people dancing to amuse yourself with watching. If you liked to dance, you were in good company.

So, for your entertainment...
Pretty sure this is "Shout"

A little bit softer now


This would be us dancing to Flo Rida's "Low"

Haha, I love Ali's face in this picture!
I don't mess around when it comes to getting low.

After that song was played, there was a break in the dancing. You know the one where everyone is standing in a circle, moving back and forth...seeing who's gonna be the one to go in the middle of the circle. Well, I lived in the circle apparently and people would just interchange in and out to dance with me.
Richie and Joey dancing with me
Joey has some moves
I was picking up the dress so I could probably two step.
Richie & Grant
There was a moment in time when no one was dancing with me, I was sad.
But then my cousin, Gavin, came in and rescued me.
We O'Brien's don't mess around when it comes to dancing.
Christy & Susmita's turn
Richie & Ashley

Hahaha, this just looks obscene. We're both married, Richie!
Love my VT boys

Haha, it's real serious when I make that face.
 What no one ever tells you is how HOT those dresses are. Hence why I kept picking it up, trying to get some air flow.
After the circle dancing, it broke out into group dancing. And pretzeling.

And then the Cupid Shuffle came on. One of my favorites. It should be one of everyone's faves. It's got a good melody and tells you how to do the dance.
Haha, I think this was Natalie's Big finish to the Cupid Shuffle
 Time for more group dancing...
Life isn't complete without getting booty bounced by Chris :)
And then Michael Jackson came on. Joey is OBSESSED with Michael Jackson...he got real serious, took off his jacket and everything. I couldn't leave him on the dancefloor alone. Thanks for letting me borrow your husband, Amanda :)
Serious time.
 And then people started dancing in groups again. Love that there would be little breaks to showcase someone and then move back to group dancing.
I look like I'm having a moment all to myself, singing, in the middle of the dancefloor.
Haha, the guys' faces in this picture crack me up.
Side Note: a clasp on the back of my dress broke. I was trying to avoid a wardrobe malfunction. Also, Richie's face in this is scary.
I love that Richie's twirling me. I don't remember it happening or know why it was. But I like it.

Another fan favorite came on. "Cha Cha Slide." Another good one because it has all the dance moves right in the song, and it's repetitive, so once you hear it once...you've heard it 1,000 times.
This is the "How Low Can you Go?" part of the song...clearly the Mom's didn't think low enough.
I look like I'm praying.


 So pause from dancing for some group shots:
My pretty friends Susan and Ali

Kenny and his "Navy" peeps
With Hale and Molly
My Riva Girls <3
Jay and Andrea adding the perfect touch to our guestbook
 Back to dancing...My mom and Chris dancing, just too precious.
 
 I think Kenny's friends ended up DRAGGING him onto the dancefloor for a fast song. And threatened him if he left, so we got one or two pictures of us dancing not to a slow song before he ran away again :)
You can see his friend clutching his arm.
 And then my Mom got danced on by Richie, Joey and Rob. And she LOVED it. There's even video evidence. Sorry Mom, it's on the internet now :)



 More crazy dancers...

 Group picture of all the VT Alumni.
Let's Go Hokies!
 Kenny and his Navy Peeps
This picture is PRICELESS
Stephanie stole Kenny's hat
Grant and Joey...dancing...?
 All of a sudden, "Brickhouse" came over the speakers and Richie and Bobby walked out looking like this. Why yes, Bobby is wearing a cut of jean jacket with a hood and Richie is wearing a hot dog shirt.
Haha, we are crazy. And I love my friends.


Some more portraits...
My dad with his favorite non-daughters

Me and my BFFL's
Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" was one of the last songs of the night. And produced some pretty good pictures.
Not sure why people are yelling at us, haha.

Admiring Richie's ensemble.
So "Don't Stop Believing" is a pretty big song in my group of VT friends. We used to blast it, jump on couches and sing at the top of our lungs. But it's a really good song in general, that everyone seems to love. It was perfect to end the night with that song.

 After the song was over, people started clearing out to wait for us to walk down the stairs and say good-bye...but not before stealing my centerpieces! Just kidding, they were allowed.


We walked down the stairs, past everyone and to the elevators. But not before Kenny got one last high-five from Bobby.
See you later!

 

Honestly, my wedding day/night was the most fun I've ever had. I got to marry my best friend who I get to be with for the rest of my life. And we got to celebrate it with the most loving, supportive and fun family and friends anyone could hope for.

3 comments:

  1. Ok first, those pictures are great! Second, I have to address your very first paragraph at the top. About dancing the in the grocery store. And getting embarrassed. I don't know if you remember this, but I think of it every time I buy feminine hygiene products. Do you remember in high school when you came with me to the store for a certain purchase and I used to get SUPER embarrassed? Especially when it was the only thing I was buying? Well I decided that you were going to carry them. And you started throwing them up in the air and dancing to attract attention? Yeah, I was SO embarrassed and you were all "whatever, whatever, I do what I want." So funny. And still embarrassing when I think about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, like I said, I don't get embarrassed easily :) Sorry if I scarred you for life with that though!

      Delete
  2. Uh, I think that Chris really takes the cake in these pics for looking the MOST ridiculous slash hilarious!

    ReplyDelete