Friday, October 5, 2012

Dining Room

I use the term "dining room" very loosely. Its a little cubby right off the kitchen, across from the foyer. It's the barrier between the kitchen and the living room. And it just happens to have a chandelier...

Here's what it looked like before. The picture on the left is from the realtor, and what it looks like with nothing in it. The picture on the right is what it looked like right after I moved in. And yes, those are our wedding thank you notes on the table.
Our to do list was:
- wine storage
- china hutch

Now, as you can see there really isn't much for these things. Also, we have a dining room table and china hutch waiting for us at my parent's house. They were my grandma's and are those really nice, handmade, wood furniture. So, I knew the dining room storage solution would be more of short term, just while we're living in this house kind of thing. So I sequestered a bookcase that Kenny already had that was acting as his DVD holder. It was yellow, and fit right into the color scheme, winning! 

I'm actually still working on trying to find a wine holder that works for our situation - I don't really drink that much wine, so it's not that big of an issue.

So here's the "After" or should I said "In Progress."

No comments:

Post a Comment