Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Half Bath

Unintentional blog break (that seems to happen a lot), but I'm back again.

So, the Half Bath wasn't my first priority. But it didn't really need all that much done. In fact, if we're being honest, I just finished everything in there 2 weeks ago. Nothing like a visitor to make you really get your bum in gear.

Here's the layout of our town house. The pink arrow indicates the bathroom I'm talking about...
It's the hall bathroom that's just off the kitchen. The one guest use when they come over for dinner. I was actually impressed that Kenny had a rug under the sink and hand soap. Pretty big steps for a guy. The only before picture I got was a shot from the hallway.
As a reminder our to do list was:
- get coordinates
- storage for extra toilet paper, etc.
- towel bar

I have 2 pillows in our living room that I used as color inspiration for the downstairs. Our living room/dining room/kitchen and this hallway bathroom are all right next to eachother. So, I wanted colors that worked within the same color palate but gave me a variety. The pillow has yellow, green, brown & teal in it (I'll have pictures in my living room post). So I found bath coordinates at Target that went with the Teal in the pillow, and Teal was an accent color in our kitchen, so I thought it made sense to "flow" into the bathroom.

I got brown metal accessories (trash can, soap dispenser, etc.) to go with the brown also at Target. I got a small little white cabinet to match the sink/toilet, etc. in there. It's a little storage cabinet for the extra toilet paper, the Febreze, and other things I didn't want just hanging out.

Also, we went to Home Depot and got a white towel bar to match the toilet paper holder. I mean who doesn't have some form of towel bar in the bathroom? Where do you put the towels for people to dry their hands? Bad design on their part. So, I got one and asked Kenny to put it up.

I bought some art at Micheal's (it was on sale) of a "hot" faucet and a "cold" faucet in black and white (which I thought went with the teal). Popped them into some white picture frames I got on sale and voila, bathroom art.
To Do List:
- get coordinates
- storage for extra toilet paper, etc.
- towel bar

All in all, I spent $75 on the bathroom once everything was said and done. But at least it looks presentable for our guests now.

No comments:

Post a Comment