Friday, June 29, 2012

Wedding Day - Getting Ready

I have almost 1,000 pictures from our wedding - don't worry, I won't post them all here. But if the following posts are a little picture heavy its because I had a hard time narrowing down pictures because I LOVE them all so much. Anyways...

I'm not really sure what the goings on of my groom and his men were on the day of the wedding. The only jobs I gave them were to make sure people's cars were at the hotel so they'd have a ride home on Sunday morning and be ready to go by 12:30. They were in capable hands, I knew my mother in law and Kaitlin would have things under control and crack the whip when necessary.
My handsome groom :)
His uniform hat
The groomsmen, ready and waiting to head to the church
I think Kenny is explaining his medals
Jay, telling a story.
The First Limo of the Day
Kenny and his boys
A lot of my bridesmaids stayed over at my parent's house with me on Friday night, as well as some of my girl cousins. My dad, knowing there was too much estrogen for him to handle, decided to stay at the hotel (where our reception was) for the night. We all got up around 7 on Saturday morning, people took showers, my mom made us all breakfast and we ate, drank coffee and chatted for awhile.

The girls who didn't stay the night showed up a little before 8 and the make up lady arrived 8 along with her assistant. Once they got all their stuff set-up, they started doing make-up.

The hair people got there around 9, set up and then started on people's hair.

Getting my eye makeup done
Heather, getting her makeup done.

Kim, getting her make up done.
Trying not to get sick from my nerves...
Susan, getting her make up done.
All the stuff needed to get your makeup done.
As the time drew closer and closer, I got more and more nervous. I wasn't nervous about marrying Kenny or even that anything would go wrong (I was pretty confident in my planning and knowing that Susan, Christy and my bridesmaids could handle anything that happened). I was nervous about people looking at me for a prolong period of time. I don't like to be the center of attention, and thinking about  what was about to happen had me in a state of panic and I almost threw up multiple times (sorry for that graphic).

I was the last person to get my makeup done, so while I was doing that the girls were getting ready. And secretly freaking out that our departure time was fast approaching and I was nowhere near ready. But they never let me see them sweat, and I barely knew what time it was until I was done with everything and had to go get into my dress.
Heather and Susan, putting their jewelry on.

Love this picture of Ashley & Kimberly

Christy, making sure her jewelry looks good

My cousins, Meagan and Malainie (the flower girl)

My pretty cousins :)
Once I was done getting my hair and makeup done, I rushed upstairs to make sure I had all the appropriate undergarments on before stepping into my dress. I came downstairs to put on my dress (and accidentally flashed my girls to all those who could see - whoops).

Susan (my maid of honor) and Christy (my matron of honor) helped me get into the dress and zipped me up. While Susan put on my garter, which of course was Virginia Tech :)
Getting zipped up in my dress, making sure everything stays where it's supposed to.
Susan and Christy, zipping up the dress.
Susan, helping to put my garter on.
After I was all in my dress, my mom put on my necklace and Susan and Christy each put on an earring. My Mom surprised me with a Swarovski bracelet for the big day, and you can see in the pictures, I'm trying not to cry. I was a big ball of emotion that day - when my mom turned the corner to show me her final look, I started crying cause she looked so pretty and made her go away.
The audience watching me get into my dress.
My mom putting my necklace on
Christy and Susan, putting my earrings on.
My mom surprising me...
Trying not to cry, hence the mid-fan with my hands.
Mom, putting the bracelet on.
After all my jewelry was on, Heather helped put my veil in. Christy, Susan and my mom all turned down the job cause they were afraid of messing up my hair (I think). But Heather was the brave one and helped me out.
Heather, putting my veil on.

First look at myself all put together. I LOVE this picture.
Getting ready to walk out the door.
After the veil was on, we made sure we had everything collected and then headed towards the (HOT!) limo. And we were only 20 minutes late...

Ready to go get Married!!


1 comment:

  1. That's my favorite picture of everyone getting ready too. The one of you looking in the mirror :) You looked SO gorgeous. Like catalogue bride.

    ReplyDelete